By Tim Niland
This was one of Steve Lehman’s earliest albums, a missive from his (currently inactive) Camouflage Trio consisting of Leh..
Dual Identity – Dual Identity (CF 172)Rudresh Mahanthappa and Steve Lehman formed Dual Identity as an alto saxophone duo in 2004, relative..
Red Trio: Red Trio * * * *
Bernardo Sassetti Trio: Motion * * * *
Jason Stein’s Locksmith Isidore:Three Less Than Between * * *
Clean Feed Records and Mary Halvorson: Promises of Good Things to Come in Jazz
If you’re looking ahead in 2011 at what the year—or the co..
Steve Lehman / Rudresh Mahanthappa – Dual Identity (CF 172)
Birds of a feather who never think twice about what they do, alto saxophonists..
Melhores Ano Público – 2010 – Escolhas de Rodrigo Amado e Nuno Catarino
1 Sara Serpa / Ran Blake “Camera Obscura” (Inner Circle)
1. Mary Halvorson: Saturn Sings (Firehouse 12)
2. Jason Moran: Ten (Blue Note)
3. Benoît Delbecq: The Sixth Jump (Songlines)
4. Maurice Br..
1. Tom Harrell: Roman Nights (High Note)
2. Geri Allen: Flying Toward the Sound (Motema)
3. Keith Jarrett & Charlie Haden: Jasmine (ECM)
1. Liam Sillery: Phenomenology (OA2)
2. Rudresh Mahanthappa & Steve Lehman: Dual Identity (Clean Feed)
3. Roscoe Mitchell: Far Side (ECM)
2. Bobby McFerrin: VOCAbuLaries (Emarcy)
3. Henry Threadgill: This Brings Us To Volume II (Pi)